Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.1
UnityEngine.Ping does not work with ipv6 addresses
1. Open scene "Ping Test" in the attached project.
You need to be on an ipv6 network to test this ( can use if you're testing on ios/have a mac: https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/NetworkingInternetWeb/Conceptual/NetworkingOverview/UnderstandingandPreparingfortheIPv6Transition/UnderstandingandPreparingfortheIPv6Transition.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40010220-CH213-SW1)
2. Run it and click on the "ping ipv6 address", observe that it fails with Ping.time = -1
(the address has ipv6 prefix https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6052, and can be pinged with ping6 util)
Tested on iOS and OSX
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Collab: revisions?include=changes call is uncompressed and can get really large (4+ megabytes
- Typing Asian characters inside an InputField then changing its text throught the Inspector freezes the InputField
- Scene is set dirty immediately after opening it
- [iOS] Black screen using procedural texture
- Copying from one timeline, pasting to another, and then deleting the first timeline also deletes pasted content in the second