Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
Unity terminates with error code 0 when an exception occurs while importing a package in bach mode
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create an empty project, then close it
2. Download and extract the attached "somePackage.unitypackage" into the created project's folder
3. Open Terminal/Windows Command Prompt and navigate to the Editor location
4. Launch Unity Editor with the following command-line arguments: "Unity.exe -batchmode -nographics -quit -logfile "<project_pathname>\editor.log" -projectPath "<project_pathname>" -importPackage "<project_pathname>\somePackage.unitypackage""
5. Open editor.log in the project's folder and scroll to the bottom of the file
Expected result: last lines read "Scripts have compiler errors. Exiting without the bug reporter. Application will terminate with return code 1"
Actual result: the last line reads "Exiting without the bug reporter. Application will terminate with return code 0"
Reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.22f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.1f1, 2022.1.0a13
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mesh.GetIndexBuffer() requires Mesh's 'Read/Write' flag to be enabled to get its index buffer data in Builds
- [Backport] [Sprite Atlas V1] Editor crashes when calling SpriteAtlasUtility.PackAtlases
- Deterministic builds have different files when built from the same project
- PlayerBuildInterface.ExtraTypesProvider no longer provides types to IL2CPP
- Touch input is reset in Device Simulator when Unity Remote is killed