Search Issue Tracker
Unity silent crashes when using Step Into and Step Out in async void with a Debugger attached to Unity
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's project ("TaskTest.zip")
2. Go to Scripts > TaskTest.cs and open it
3. Place a breakpoint on line 30
4. Attach Visual Studio to Unity
5. Enter Play Mode
6. Press "Click me" in the Game View (that should trigger the breakpoint)
7. Press F11 to Step Into and Shift+F11 to Step Out
Expected result: Unity does not crash
Actual result: Unity does not crash
Reproducible with - 2018.3.12f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a12
Could not test with - 2017.4 (step into does not work the same way)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'