Search Issue Tracker
Debugging while Async method is running randomly causes the debugger to jump back to the initial breakpoint or crash
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "case_662397-asyncCrashRepro.zip" and scene "AsyncRepro"
2. Open Visual Studio and attach the Unity Editor for debugging
3. In Visual Studio, place a breakpoint on line 75 (on int a = 1) and uncomment line 16
4. In Unity Editor, enter Play mode
5. In Visual Studio, press "Step Into" multiple times button (shortcut is F11)
6. Observe each Visual Studio line after each "Step Into"
Expected result: the debugger does not randomly reset after the "Step Into" or "Step Over" and does not crash at any point
Actual result: the debugger randomly resets after the "Step Into" or "Step Over" and occasionally crashes when jumping between Await/Async methods
Reproducible with: 2018.1.9f2, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.2f1, 2019.2.0b2, 2019.3.0a2
Could not test with: 2017.4.27f1, 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.0b1 (Visual Studio does not find coresponding location, unable to debug)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [TextMesh Pro] Using Ellipsis overflow causes some Emojis to turn into a Square when truncated
- Editor: Assembly icons are not shown correctly.
- [VR]Editor Crashes when exiting the Play Mode if VR support is enabled and a Particle System is emitting mesh instances
- Object with ISerializationCallbackReceiver Interface receives Serialization Callback when it has a private access level
- AssetModificationProcessor.OnWillCreateAsset Callbacks are inconsistent with different Assets