Search Issue Tracker
Debugging while Async method is running randomly causes the debugger to jump back to the initial breakpoint or crash
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "case_662397-asyncCrashRepro.zip" and scene "AsyncRepro"
2. Open Visual Studio and attach the Unity Editor for debugging
3. In Visual Studio, place a breakpoint on line 75 (on int a = 1) and uncomment line 16
4. In Unity Editor, enter Play mode
5. In Visual Studio, press "Step Into" multiple times button (shortcut is F11)
6. Observe each Visual Studio line after each "Step Into"
Expected result: the debugger does not randomly reset after the "Step Into" or "Step Over" and does not crash at any point
Actual result: the debugger randomly resets after the "Step Into" or "Step Over" and occasionally crashes when jumping between Await/Async methods
Reproducible with: 2018.1.9f2, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.2f1, 2019.2.0b2, 2019.3.0a2
Could not test with: 2017.4.27f1, 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.0b1 (Visual Studio does not find coresponding location, unable to debug)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sub Emitter particle's width is twice its height when Separate Axes in the Size over Lifetime module is enabled and set to 1
- Animation does not play correctly when Optimized Game Object functionality is used and a Child GameObject is added to bone
- An object created via "Create Empty Child" of Hierarchy panel in Prefab Mode is always a child of the main prefab
- [VCS] Version Control window could use a search field to filter down contents
- [VCS] Importing .unitypackage with version control enabled fails