Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
'Unity scene is invalid' error when Hinge Joint connected anchor is being Auto Configured
The following error is displayed when "Auto Configure Connected Anchor" is enabled on a hinge joint within a prefab:
ArgumentException: Cannot get physics scene; Unity scene is invalid.
To Reproduce (With provided project):
1) Download attached project
2) Open Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity
3) Select the "Prefab" GameObject in the Hierarchy
4) Select Prefab Overrides
5) Select the Hinge Joint Override
The Override preview will not display any information due to an error futher up. The Callstack will be thrown out on the console.
To Reproduce (From scratch):
1) Create an Empty GameObject with two children
2) Attach a hinge joint and a rigidbody component to one child
3) Attach a rigidbody component to the other child
4) Set the hinge joints' "Connected body" field to the rigidbody on its sibling
5) Drag the root gameobject into the project view to create a prefab
6) In the hierarchy, move either child object two distinct (separate) times (using all axis)
7) Press Ctrl+Z / CMD+Z to undo ONCE
8) View the hinge component, Connected Anchor should be highlighted white (indicating a change)
9) On the root object, open prefab overrides and select the Hinge Joint
As before, no override data should be visible due to an error. The callstack will be visible in the console.
Tested 2019.1.0a11 & 2018.3.0b11- seems to have always been broken.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] SystemInfo.systemMemorySize returns negative values
- Crash on PAL_LocalIPC_IsConnected when IPC fails on launch
- [Profiler] Only the first frame gets highlighted in the CPU Usage chart when selecting samples in the Hierarchy
- [UWP] Builds fail with Rewired
- [macOS] Video Player's 5.1 audio channel layout is incorrect when outputting to Audio Source