Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.3.13f1, 2023.1.19f1, 2023.2.0b16, 2023.3.0a11
Unity crashes due to the long layout name
Steps to reproduce:
# Create/open any project
# Go to the "Select editor layout" section which by default should present the "Default" option, which is above the "Inspector" window (top right corner)
# Expand the dropdown and find "Save Layout"
# Enter a really really long title (as we do not have validation) and click "Save"
# You should get the "Moving file failed" popup
# Click "Force Quit"
# In the "Fatal Error" popup click "Quit"
# Observe the result
Expected Result: I think users' input in the "Save layout" modal should be validated.
Actual Result: The input is not validated, so in the next steps, we get a crash as a result. Added the video in the "Attachments" section.
Reproducible with: 2021.3.30f1, 2022.3.10f1, 2023.1.11f1, 2023.2.0b10, 2023.3.0a5.
Confirmed OS: Ventura 13.5.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Tilemap Collider 2D is not updating the Collider shapes when removing Tiles on the Tilemap component
- Inspector with the scrollbar is unusable when Material properties are edited and the scene is saved
- The Rendering Profiler module statistics are zero when Application.targetFrameRate is set
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project