Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
Unity crash when changing prefab script from MonoBehaviour to ScriptableObject with public variables
"the file 'none' is corrupted. Remove it and launch unity again [position out of bounds!] UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)"
1. Open new project, create any game object in a scene
2. Create a C# script and attach to created game object
3. Make the object a prefab by dragging it to Project window
4. Open your C# script and change class inheritance from MonoBehaviour to ScriptableObject
5. Add any kind of public variable to a mentioned script
6. Return to Unity, click the prefab in Project window if needed
Expected: Unity warns in console about possible crashes if script is not removed
Actual: Unity crashes before being able to remove the problematic script (check picture attached)
Reproduced in: 5.5.0a6, 5.5.4p4, 2017.1.1f1, 2017.2.0b10, 2017.3.0a7
Not reproduced in: 5.4.6f3
Regression starts in: 5.5.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor tries to compile JS files included WebGL templates
- [OSX][Keyboard] When Caps Lock is active, the key is always read as pressed.
- [Editor][Touch] TouchControl.pressure is not initialized
- [iOS][Touch] Stylus Pressure value is not normalized
- [Windows][Touch] touch.touchType is displayed as "-26" instead of "Direct"