Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Undoing the "Create/Replace prefab" action does not revert the Prefab to its previous state
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Create a 'Cube' and a 'Sphere' GameObjects
3. Turn them into prefabs
4. Pick one of the prefabs and drag onto the other one to replace that prefab
5. Go to 'Edit' and select 'Undo Create/Replace prefab'
Expected result: the replaced prefab is reverted to its previous state
Actual result: the previously replaced prefab is still identical to the one it was replaced by
Reproducible with: 2017.4.12f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.11f1, 2018.3.0b4, 2019.1.0a3
In versions 2018.3.0a5 and earlier, undoing the replacement action and attempting to drag the prefab, that was the replacement, into the scene would display the warning "Unable to instantiate prefab. Prefab may be broken."
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible