Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X
Unable to load a Profile Capture from Unity 2017 when Unity 2018 or above is used
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Open the Profiler window
3. Load the attached profiler capture named "Data_1193516"
4. Observe the console window
Expected result: Capture is loaded without any errors
Actual result: "Profiler data stream has invalid signature. Are you using a player built with an older Unity version ?" Error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2018.1.0a1, 2018.4.12f1, 2019.2.11f1, 2019.3.0b9, 2020.1.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.34f1
Loading the profile capture using 2018.1.0a1 results in a silent crash
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
- Pausing a Visual Effect doesn't pause the “Multiply size over life” effect in the Update Block
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
As the error message suggests, the Profiler is not necessarily backwards compatible to old profiler data formats. From 2019.2 onwards, we are currently maintaining backwards compatibility but can't guaranty that we won't break it in the future.
Fixed in - 2020.2.0b1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in - 2019.4.14f1