Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Unable to create a prefab when gameObject's name starts with a period
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Create a Cube and name it ".Cube"
3. Try to make a Prefab from the ".Cube"
Expected result: Prefab is made
Actual result: Prefab is not made and the error is thrown (Snapshot_1117029_V1)
Reproducible with - 2017.4.20f1, 2018.3.5f1, 2019.1.0b2, 2019.2.0a4
When using symbols such as '*' the said symbols are replaced with '_'.
In 2018.3 or newer this error message is thrown:
File Assets couldn't be written. Because moving C:/Users/Gytis/Desktop/New Unity Project (6)/Temp/UnityTempFile-e3c4603fddb97e04290bf73f4af22bcd to C:/Users/Gytis/Desktop/New Unity Project (6)/Assets failed.
In 2017.4 version this error message is thrown:
Create prefab path must use .prefab extension
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fields are not focused correctly when using UI Builder
- UNITY_SERVER scripting define does not work when switching to Dedicated Server from Windows by script
- Mesh.CombineMeshes discards empty sub-meshes when 'mergeSubmeshes' is set to false
- [Linux] MacOS build fails for every architecture when the project contains a "StreamingAssets" folder with empty an "yaml" file
- Property drawers do not always update height correctly when expanded via iteration