Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Unable to create a prefab when gameObject's name starts with a period
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Create a Cube and name it ".Cube"
3. Try to make a Prefab from the ".Cube"
Expected result: Prefab is made
Actual result: Prefab is not made and the error is thrown (Snapshot_1117029_V1)
Reproducible with - 2017.4.20f1, 2018.3.5f1, 2019.1.0b2, 2019.2.0a4
When using symbols such as '*' the said symbols are replaced with '_'.
In 2018.3 or newer this error message is thrown:
File Assets couldn't be written. Because moving C:/Users/Gytis/Desktop/New Unity Project (6)/Temp/UnityTempFile-e3c4603fddb97e04290bf73f4af22bcd to C:/Users/Gytis/Desktop/New Unity Project (6)/Assets failed.
In 2017.4 version this error message is thrown:
Create prefab path must use .prefab extension
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- "UnityEngine.SystemInfo.processorFrequency" logs a value of 0 on M1 macs
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline