Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[GPU PLM][macOS] Baking is stuck on 'Finalizing Bake' stage when baking on OSX with AMD GPU
Was trying to debug https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/1190228/ using the attached project, and end up in a state where I no longer can bake (and no errors or breakpoints hitting).
Seen on 20.1.0a17.2009 on OSX Mojave:
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
The steps are:
1. Download this project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nwMJTBkmBn3UQtwe8vaqlh-SHkSKjp_C
2. Open the project on OSX;
3. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button and observe that the baking is stuck in the neverending loop.
Be in auto on the scene.
1. Let GPU finish
2. Change to smaller values (8/8/8) for samples and let finish
3. Change to CPU and let finish
4. Change to GPU and it is stuck on Finialize
5. Change to CPU or Enlighten and it just says "Baking...".
6. The state is dead and the editor has to be restarted.
- Reproducible only on OSX with AMD GPU; not reproducible on Windows with NVIDIA GPU;
- Please note that this bug is an absolute blocker for the GPU PLM functionality on OSX at the moment.
- Reproducible in 2020.1.0a16;
- Not reproducible in 2019.3.0f3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Android build fails when targeting SDK 31 and using Build-Tools 31.0.0
- Sprite Atlas is compressed when Compress Assets on Import is disabled
- "UnityException: Unable to package apk Unity library missing for the selected architecture x86" error on android il2cpp builds
- Colors are not dilated on the edges when Alpha is Transparency parameter is enabled on the Texture
- Crash on GUIView::DoPaint when selecting color with a color picker