Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[GPU PLM][macOS] Baking is stuck on 'Finalizing Bake' stage when baking on OSX with AMD GPU
Was trying to debug https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/1190228/ using the attached project, and end up in a state where I no longer can bake (and no errors or breakpoints hitting).
Seen on 20.1.0a17.2009 on OSX Mojave:
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
The steps are:
1. Download this project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nwMJTBkmBn3UQtwe8vaqlh-SHkSKjp_C
2. Open the project on OSX;
3. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button and observe that the baking is stuck in the neverending loop.
Be in auto on the scene.
1. Let GPU finish
2. Change to smaller values (8/8/8) for samples and let finish
3. Change to CPU and let finish
4. Change to GPU and it is stuck on Finialize
5. Change to CPU or Enlighten and it just says "Baking...".
6. The state is dead and the editor has to be restarted.
- Reproducible only on OSX with AMD GPU; not reproducible on Windows with NVIDIA GPU;
- Please note that this bug is an absolute blocker for the GPU PLM functionality on OSX at the moment.
- Reproducible in 2020.1.0a16;
- Not reproducible in 2019.3.0f3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Infinite inertial tensor rotation values are not discarded (both AB and RB)