Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X
UIElements TextField is not focused and you are not able to type in characters when using Focus() method
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'project-1206181.zip' project
2. In the Editor select 'Bug' > 'Bug'
3. Try to type in any characters
Expected result: the text field is focused, you are able to type in characters
Actual result: the text field is NOT focused, you are NOT able to type in characters
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a8, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.17f1, 2019.3.0f4, 2020.1.0a17
Could not test with: 2019.1.0a7 and earlier (Due to script errors)
Workaround for the issue: instead of using textField.Focus() use textField.Q("unity-text-input").Focus()
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Package Manager/My Assets: 401 Response code trying to download a paid asset store package
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property
- [URP] Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect rendering correctly after clicking an another application/refreshing Assets
- Packages under V2 lifecycle are incorrectly labeled as 'Pre-Release' or 'Release'
- [XR SDK] Single Pass Stereo Instanced rendering breaks when rendering into the shadow map of a spotlight source