Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
[UI Toolkit] Update Layout CPU Usage is huge even when only one element is changed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "SlowLayout" project
2. Enter the Play Mode in the "SampleScene" Scene
3. Open the "Window -> Analysis -> Profiler" window from the menu
4. Search for the "Update Layout" Overview under the "CPU Usage"
Expected result: Only the Text element layout is changed. Thus, "Update Layout" CPU Usage is ~1 ms
Actual result: The "Update Layout" CPU Usage is ~30 ms
Reproducible with: Built-In (2021.2.13f1, 2022.1.0b9, 2022.2.0a5)
Couldn't test with: 2019.4.36f1 (UI Toolkit Package is unavailable), 1.0.0-preview.18 (2020.3.30f1) (user project isn't compatible, errors are thrown)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable
- [iOS] nw_read_request_report crash
- The serialized field value cannot be changed when trying to set it back to "None"
- The dropdown component breaks when the 31st Layer is used
- Silent crash when GameObjects collide when transform.SetParent is used