Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[UI] Removing or disabling CanvasScaler corrupts UI which cannot be undone
1. Download attached project "BugReport_UI_Canvas_Odd_Behavior.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "Scene" scene
3. Move "Canvas 2" into "Canvas 1" in Hierarchy window
4. Select "Canvas 2" and disable or remove the "CanvasScaler" Component
5. Observe how this affects the size of the green image, which is part of "Canvas 1"
6. Click Edit > Undo or Ctrl + Z couple times until it undoes your changes
7. Observe it undoes the blue image size, but the green image size keeps corrupted
- This issue appears both on Windows and OSX
- Removing or disabling the CanvasScaler Component of Canvas 2 should not affect elements of Canvas 1
- Undo functionality should work always, it should properly undo both, the green and blue image sizes
- If you select corrupted UI, set "UI Scale Mode" to "Constant Pixel Size" or "Constant Physical Size" and then reset it to "Scale With Screen Size", everything fixes up
- Setting Canvas.scaleFactor of a child canvas will scale the parent canvas
Reproduced on Unity 5.6.5p4, 2017.1.3p4, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.4.2f2, 2018.1.0f2, 2018.2.0b3 and 2018.3.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website