Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.3
[UI]Crash on "scripting_class_get_method_from_name_filter" after click on UI button
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open attached project.
2. Open scene named "Village building".
3. Press "Play" button.
4. Move towards one of "sign posts" that are located on the corners (use "A", "S", "D", "W" keys to control the ball).
5. Press "J" key to interact with "sign post".
6. Two times press "Enter" key.
7. Click on one of three buttons ("Build", "Demolish" or "Leave").
Unity crashes and "Unity Bug Reporter" window appears after trying to access a variable from other class and change its value.
Unity should not crash after trying to access a variable from other class and change its value.
8. Open script named "ButtonID" and delete this line of code:
"theManager.response = true;".
9. Notice that the issue is no longer reproducible.
Note: attached video shows how to reproduce this issue.
5.1.0f3, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.4f1, 5.3.4p6, 5.3.5f1, 5.4.0b18.
0x000000014032EC60 (Unity) scripting_class_get_method_from_name_filter
0x000000014032B002 (Unity) Scripting::GetMethodWithSearchOptions
0x000000014030ACA0 (Unity) MonoBehaviour::CallMethodInactive
0x0000000140329BB7 (Unity) ScriptingManager::RebuildClassIDToScriptingClass
0x00000001401106F5 (Unity) DelayedCallManager::Update
0x00000001403B2D69 (Unity) PlayerLoop
0x0000000140B90B8C (Unity) Application::UpdateScene
0x0000000140B92649 (Unity) Application::UpdateSceneIfNeeded
0x0000000140B98A0C (Unity) Application::TickTimer
0x0000000140DC5287 (Unity) RelaunchUnity
0x0000000140DC685B (Unity) WinMain
0x0000000141511014 (Unity) read
0x00007FF933108102 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI references to public script functions lost on upgrade
- [Lighting] Infinitely shown error after assigning 2D texture to cubemap property of reflection probe
- Unity Crashes when importing a prefab containing missing nested prefab
- Profile Analyzer - top marker bar doesn't match calls list
- Polygon Collider 2D's "Edit Collider" button breaks if multiple inspectors are open