Search Issue Tracker
UI - Components ( e.g. Image Component) is no longer Anti Aliasing in Game view with Screen Space - Overlay canvas
Antialiasing has been broken/disabled for UI elements when the canvas is set to 'ScreenSpace Overlay'.
In the example scene, the Quality is set to 8x MSAA, the camera has allowMSAA enabled, yet in-game view( and builds ) the 1 pixel line ( generated via a rotated UI image component) is no longer antialiased, however, in the scene view it is.
It's possible to set the canvas to 'ScreenSpace - Camera' and this will fix the issue, unfortunately, it breaks a lot of other code - for example, the dynamic line code in the example no longer works.
Ultimately ScreenSpace - Overlay should and needs to support the projects MSAA settings, but no longer does.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open User's attached project
2. Edit > Project Settings > Quality. Notice: Anti Aliasing is set to 8x Multi Sampling
3. Open Scene view. Notice: "SampleLine" is perfectly antialiased and smooth
4. Open Game view. Notice: "SampleLine" image component is Aliased.
Expected result: in both Game and Scene view UI components are Anti Aliasing.
Actual result: in Game view UI components are Aliasing.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.0b2, 2017.1.0f1, 5.6.2p2.
Not reproduced with: 5.5.4p1, 5.4.5p4.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property
- [URP] Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect rendering correctly after clicking an another application/refreshing Assets
- Packages under V2 lifecycle are incorrectly labeled as 'Pre-Release' or 'Release'
- Runtime theme's text color and font-size cannot be overridden from user stylesheets using :root selector
- [iOS] [IL2CPP] try-catch when() filter fails