Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
UI Components cause GC Allocation when enabled
1. Open users attached project
2. Select File/Build and Run
3. Select Window/Analysis/Profiler and set Player as a target
4. In the Overview, search for GameObject.SetActive() and observe the GC Alloc
Expected result: 0 bytes of "GC Alloc"
Actual result: 60.3KB of "GC Alloc"
Reproducible with: 2019.4.17f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.1f1, 2021.1.0b1
Could not test with: 2018.4.29f1(could not downgrade)
1. 2019.4.17f1 - 2020.2.0a5 (30.2KB GC allocation)
2. 2020.2.0a7 - 2021.1.0b1 (60.3KB GC allocation)
Dec 30, 2020 20:36
Related forum thread:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0a3