Search Issue Tracker
Typing Asian characters inside an InputField then changing its text throught the Inspector freezes the InputField
1) Create an InputField (GameObject - UI - InputField)
2) Go in Play mode then type something inside in either Korean, Japanese or Chinese
3) Select the InputField in the Hierarchy, then change its text through its Inspector
4) Returns the following error in the console:
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex + length > this.length
Parameter name: length
System.String.Substring (Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/String.cs:356)
UnityEngine.UI.InputField.UpdateLabel () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/InputField.cs:1656)
UnityEngine.UI.InputField.OnValidate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/InputField.cs:547)
Expected result: the InputField update along the modifications in the Inspector
Actual result: InputField freezes, no longer update
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Opening Version control window while Work Offline is enabled will cause editor to keep trying to connect to VCS server
- [Gameroom] InputField doesn't accept characters after minimising a maximised window
- Missing Avatar assignement in A$ "Mecanim GDC2013 Sample Project"
- [OSX] Menu item becomes inactive if custom window is closed before progress bar.
- Reimporting FBX without Animations causes the Mesh to move to another position but the Pivot remains in the same position