Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
TypeLoadException is thrown when selecting script
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-submitted project ("Matsueri.zip")
2. Select the Unit script in the Project Browser and observe errors in the Console
3. Create an empty game object and attach the "Unit" script to it
4. See greyed out inspector and warning message
Expected result: No TypeLoadException is thrown
Actual result: TypeLoadException is thrown
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0a10, 2018.3.0b11
Unable to test: 2018.2.17f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2017.4.16f1 (Couldn't test due to multiple project errors)
Note: Upon opening the project or entering Play Mode ReflectionTypeLoadExceptions are thrown - see case 1106606
The problem is that the asmdef is named System. This clashes with the System assembly from mscorlib. We now throw an exception if a predefined name is being used to avoid this issue in the future.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] No button to add Platform support to installed Unity versions
- GameObject selection inside Prefab causes Editor lag/freeze
- Camera does not Render a Video Player when Cameras Culling Mask is set to anything except "Everything"
- [iOS][Editor]Legacy Launch Images iPhone 6.5 Landscape resolution mislabelled in Player Settings/Splash Image
- The Marker does not Run and gets Skipped when running in Reverse