Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.2
TransformStreamHandle.GetPosition doesn't get the correct world space position when the apply root motion is disabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user attached project named "AnimationJobs"
2. Select the "Chomper" GameObject in the Hierarchy, note the position of this object (0,100,0)
3. Click the Play Button
4. Observe the issue in the console window
Expected result: Debug outputs the correct world coordinates
Actual result: Debug outputs position around (0,0,0) which is relative to the Chomper's root
Reproducible with - 2018.3.0a4, 2018.3.2f1, 2019.1.0a14, 2019.2.0a1
Not reproducible with - 2018.3.0a3
Could not test with - 2017.4.18f1
When "Apply Root Motion" in the Chomper's Animator component is enabled TransformStreamHandle.GetPosition reports the correct world position
UnityEngine.Experimental.Animations were not present in 2017.4
Needed a refactor to land in Unity first before fixing this part.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website
- QualitySettings.streamingMipmapsMemoryBudget is always clamped down to 4096 MB even on 64-bit systems