Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
TransformStreamHandle.GetPosition doesn't get the correct world space position when the apply root motion is disabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user attached project named "AnimationJobs"
2. Select the "Chomper" GameObject in the Hierarchy, note the position of this object (0,100,0)
3. Click the Play Button
4. Observe the issue in the console window
Expected result: Debug outputs the correct world coordinates
Actual result: Debug outputs position around (0,0,0) which is relative to the Chomper's root
Reproducible with - 2018.3.0a4, 2018.3.2f1, 2019.1.0a14, 2019.2.0a1
Not reproducible with - 2018.3.0a3
Could not test with - 2017.4.18f1
When "Apply Root Motion" in the Chomper's Animator component is enabled TransformStreamHandle.GetPosition reports the correct world position
UnityEngine.Experimental.Animations were not present in 2017.4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.2):
Needed a refactor to land in Unity first before fixing this part.