Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
[TrailRenderer] Assertion filed on instantiation (alignment = Local, width curve contains more than one key)
Instantiation of prefab with trial renderer (alignment = Local, width curve contains more than one key) leads to assertions:
Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'curveT >= GetRange().first && curveT <= GetRange().second'
Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'curveT >= m_Curve[lhs].time && curveT <= m_Curve[rhs].time'
1. open scene trail.unity in attached project
2. Enter playmode
3. Press "space" button to instantiate prefab with trailRenderer
Actual result: prefab instantiates with assertion
Expected: prefab instantiates without assertion
Notice, assertions don't appear if prefab is added on the scene before entering playmode
Reproduced: 2017.3.0b10 , 2018.1.0a1
Not reproducible: 2017.2.0f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GPU PLM] Indirect bounce color is wrong
- [UI] Float types revert to 0 if a decimal point is entered when the value is selected
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework