Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
[TrailRenderer] Assertion filed on instantiation (alignment = Local, width curve contains more than one key)
Instantiation of prefab with trial renderer (alignment = Local, width curve contains more than one key) leads to assertions:
Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'curveT >= GetRange().first && curveT <= GetRange().second'
Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'curveT >= m_Curve[lhs].time && curveT <= m_Curve[rhs].time'
1. open scene trail.unity in attached project
2. Enter playmode
3. Press "space" button to instantiate prefab with trailRenderer
Actual result: prefab instantiates with assertion
Expected: prefab instantiates without assertion
Notice, assertions don't appear if prefab is added on the scene before entering playmode
Reproduced: 2017.3.0b10 , 2018.1.0a1
Not reproducible: 2017.2.0f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes
- Sort Order is not respected for a newly created Canvas until Play Mode is entered or any adjustments are made