Search Issue Tracker
Tilemap Composite Collider 2D does not update when Sprite Custom Physics Shape is changed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'TilemapBug.zip' project
2. Go to the Hierarchy -> Grid -> Tilemap and add 'Tilemap Collider 2D' component
3. Go to Project tab, click on the '097518281786' sprite and open it in Sprite Editor
4. Change 'Sprite Editor' mode to 'Custom Physics Shape' and draw a shape, apply the changes
5. Click on the Tilemap
Expected result: Composite Collider 2D is updated
Actual result: Composite Collider 2D does not update
Reproducible: 2017.4.24f1, 2018.3.10f1, 2019.1.0b8, 2019.2.0a9
Can't reproduce: 2018.3.0a1, because can't change Custom Physics Shape in the Sprite Editor
Workaround: Disable and enable 'Tilemap Collider 2D' component
The TilemapCollider2D, CompositeCollider2D, EdgeCollider2D and PolygonCollider2D store and cache the final Physics Shape/s of the Collider2D which may have been edited and customised by the user. Even though the Sprite's Physics Shape may have changed through user input, we do not change this cached Physics Shape/s as the cached Physics Shape/s may be preferred over the Sprite's changed Physics Shape. To prevent unwanted hidden changes to the cached Physic Shape/s, we hope that the user can explicitly override it by resetting the affected Collider2Ds to confirm that they want the new changes.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website
- QualitySettings.streamingMipmapsMemoryBudget is always clamped down to 4096 MB even on 64-bit systems