Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Tiled Sprites imported to newer versions from versions 5.4 and lower throw an Advanced Texture error that can't be fixed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project attached by the user (Bug Report.zip)
2. Open the "BugScene" Scene
3. Observe the error in the console
Expected result: Having an imported Sprite from an old version does not throw the error
Actual result: Having an imported Sprite from an old version throws an error that cannot be fixed in newer versions
Reproducible with: 2017.1.0f1, 2017.1.4f1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.4f1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b5
Notes: The error being thrown: "Too many sprite tiles on Image "Panel". The tile size will be increased. To remove the limit on the number of tiles, convert the Sprite to an Advanced texture, remove the borders, clear the Packing tag and set the Wrap mode to Repeat.", cannot be fixed while keeping the same Sprite, as setting a Sprite to an Advanced texture is no longer supported since version 5.5 and onward.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete