Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.23f1, 2022.2.14f1, 2023.1.0b11, 2023.2.0a9
[Tile Palette] Multi-Drag-and-Drop Sprite asset creation location is non-deterministic
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Tilemap.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Open the Tile Palette window
3. In Project window, select Assets/Sprites/Potions/Pixel Potions Sprite Sheet.png
4. Expand and select the first three sprites from the sprite sheet.
5. Drag-and-drop the selected sprites into the Tile Palette window
6. When prompted with the "Generate tiles into folder" window, observe the folder path
7. Press the "Select Folder" button
8. Repeat steps 4-6. Note the difference in folder paths.
Expected results: Both multi-drag-and-drop operations prompt an asset to be saved in the same location (/Sprites/Potions)
Actual results: Subsequent multi-drag-and-drop operations prompt an asset to be saved in the parent folder (/Sprites), rather than the initial one (/Sprites/Potions)
Reproducible with: 2021.3.20f1, 2021.3.21f1, 2022.2.11f1, 2023.1.0b8, 2023.2.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2020.3.46f1, 2021.3.19f1
Tested on: Windows 10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Vertex data is displaced when building with Addressables with Optimize Mesh Data enabled
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.2.0a9):
Fix for this issue will be available on Unity 2023.2.0a9 and above
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.1.0b11):
Fix for this issue will be available on Unity 2023.1.0b11 and above
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2.14f1):
Fix for this issue will be available on Unity 2022.2.14f1 and above
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.3.23f1):
Fix for this issue will be available on Unity 2021.3.23f1 and above