Search Issue Tracker
There's no information to what parent a GameObject belongs to when searching for a GameObject in the select a component Window
1. Open QA attached project "repro_1065273"
2. Open scene "0"
3. Select "GameObject" in the Hierarchy
4. Click the circle near the "Test Script"s public value "Xt" to search for a Transform to be associated
5. Type "X" in the search field
6. Select whichever GameObject named "X" that is found
Expected: Selecting a GameObject notes to which parent GameObject it belongs to
Actual: Only the name of the GameObject is shown
Reproducible with: 2017.2.3p3, 2017.4.9f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.5f1, 2018.3.0a9
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Use drag and drop instead.