Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
[Android] Project fails to build using the updated Android SDK Tools 26.0 during the merging manifest files
1. Update Android SDK Tools to 26.0.1 or 26.0.2;
- Android Studio -> Configure -> SDK Manager -> Android SDK -> SDK Tools
2. Create the new project;
3. Switch the platform to Android in the Build settings;
4. Enable "Virtual Reality Supported" and select VR SDKs (Oculus or Daydream) in the Player settings;
5. Build the project;
Actual result: the project does not build and the window "Build failure" shows up with an error "Unable to merge android manifests" (build_failure.jpg).
Expected result: the project should be built on Android platform.
Note: the issue happens only when Android SDK Tools is updated to 26.0, because when it is 25.2.5 version, everything works fine. Also, if "Virtual Reality Supported" is disabled, everything works correctly too.
Reproduced with: 5.4.5p2, 5.5.3p3, 5.6.0p4, 2017.1.0b4
Samsung SM G928F*, OS:6.0.1, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Mali-T760, Build:samsung/zenltexx/zenlte:6.0.1/MMB29K/G928FXXS3BPIA:user/release-keys (Reproduced)
Sony D6603 (Xperia Z3)*, OS:6.0.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 330, Build:Sony/D6603/D6603:6.0.1/23.5.A.1.291/2769308465:user/release-keys (Reproduced)
Samsung SM G361F*, OS:5.1.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Vivante GC7000UL, Build:samsung/coreprimeveltexx/coreprimevelte:5.1.1/LMY48B/G361FXXU1APB1:user/release-keys (Reproduced)
Merging for Daydram fixed in:
5.4.5p3, 5.5.3p4, 5.6.0p4, 2017.1.0b3
Fix for Oculus coming soon, this will be edited to reflect the changes.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Cannot change the font size of Text Mesh to zero when using a non-dynamic font
- "No valid Unity Editor license found. Please contact your adminstrator." error thrown when opening 2019.3.0a12 project
- ping.DestroyPing does not work resulting in increasing ping delay
- The cursor is visible when using CursorLockMode.Locked in the standalone build
- Shadows in Scene view are displayed one level Higher than they are set under the Light Shadow settings in the Inspector window