Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
[Android] Project fails to build using the updated Android SDK Tools 26.0 during the merging manifest files
1. Update Android SDK Tools to 26.0.1 or 26.0.2;
- Android Studio -> Configure -> SDK Manager -> Android SDK -> SDK Tools
2. Create the new project;
3. Switch the platform to Android in the Build settings;
4. Enable "Virtual Reality Supported" and select VR SDKs (Oculus or Daydream) in the Player settings;
5. Build the project;
Actual result: the project does not build and the window "Build failure" shows up with an error "Unable to merge android manifests" (build_failure.jpg).
Expected result: the project should be built on Android platform.
Note: the issue happens only when Android SDK Tools is updated to 26.0, because when it is 25.2.5 version, everything works fine. Also, if "Virtual Reality Supported" is disabled, everything works correctly too.
Reproduced with: 5.4.5p2, 5.5.3p3, 5.6.0p4, 2017.1.0b4
Samsung SM G928F*, OS:6.0.1, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Mali-T760, Build:samsung/zenltexx/zenlte:6.0.1/MMB29K/G928FXXS3BPIA:user/release-keys (Reproduced)
Sony D6603 (Xperia Z3)*, OS:6.0.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 330, Build:Sony/D6603/D6603:6.0.1/23.5.A.1.291/2769308465:user/release-keys (Reproduced)
Samsung SM G361F*, OS:5.1.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Vivante GC7000UL, Build:samsung/coreprimeveltexx/coreprimevelte:5.1.1/LMY48B/G361FXXU1APB1:user/release-keys (Reproduced)
Merging for Daydram fixed in:
5.4.5p3, 5.5.3p4, 5.6.0p4, 2017.1.0b3
Fix for Oculus coming soon, this will be edited to reflect the changes.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Texture streaming causes all textures to be point filtered in Player when using Direct3D12 API
- [DXR] GPU memory leaks when Renderer.rayTracingMode is set to UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.RayTracingMode.DynamicGeometry
- RegisterValueChangeCallback is not called when changing the PropertyField value
- The Properties option is missing when pressing RMB on the PropertyField
- [Android] forward+ lighting glitch when built on Xiaomi Mi 10
Mar 19, 2018 00:06
Any updates for the Oculus?
Feb 28, 2018 11:31
This does not work for me in 5.4.5p5
The only solution is to roll back the sdk tools from 26 to 25
I have downgraded the sdk tools to 25.2.5 and it has been solved.
Feb 20, 2018 16:38
It's working with Tools 26.1.1 on Unity 2017.3.p1
Feb 02, 2018 19:37
Not fixed in the latest versions 2017.2 and 2017.3, I'm using Windows 10 x64 with JDK 1.8 and I've tried with Android SDK versions 20 to 27. It is such a drag having to waste hours on hours fixing something as simple building your app!
The only solution I've found is reverting back to Unity 5.3 and using an old version of the Oculus and OpenVR packages.
Jan 21, 2018 22:33
Very frustrating. So far lost almost a day just trying to build a basic GearVR apk.
Jan 17, 2018 15:13
This is not fixed in 2017.3.0f3.
Jan 13, 2018 14:35
Still not fixed in 2017.2, 2017.3, or 2018 beta
Jan 02, 2018 12:48
still not fixed 2017.2.0f3
Nov 28, 2017 16:34
Still is not fixed in 2017.2.0p2
Nov 11, 2017 13:24
Still no official fix for this from Unity?