Search Issue Tracker
The new WWW.bytesDownloaded feature completely freezes Unity
Reproduced on 4.3.0f2
The new WWW.bytesDownloaded feature completely freezes Unity until the download completes.
This feature was added per Case 459257 as a way of querying download progress as the download is happening.
---Steps to reproduce:---
I've put together a test scene called Test BytesDownloaded (under the folder of the same name). If you open that, look at the camera, uncheck the "Use Bytes Downloaded" checkbox on the Test Bytes Downloaded script, and run it, you'll see 10 frames of input, each printing the time of the frame and whether the download has finished. I used a 200 MB download as a test, and 10 frames of output, so it shouldn't finish in that time.
Now change the "Use Bytes Downloaded" checkbox to true. Hit run. Unity will completely lock up for as long as it takes the download to complete (~10 second on our network, probably much longer for you). When the download finally completes, you'll see 10 frames of output. All frames will show "done: True".
P.S.: You can ignore the stuff under the Load Texture folder - that was from an earlier bug report.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] C# Reflection performance is 50 to 60 times slower
- The scrollbars are moving as one when scrolling one of the scrollbars in the Array of Text Fields
- Renaming the Animation Transition applies to another Transition when Enter is not hit after the renaming
- Editor crashes on Play Mode when using Voxel Play Environment Script
- Decimal function values are incorrect when running the build with IL2CPP Scripting Backend