Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
The modelimporter flag texture as normal map required even if changed using OnPreprocessMaterialDescription
How to reproduce:
1 - Import an FBX file that has an embedded material using a texture in its bump map.
2 - Change the import settings to use the MaterialDescription import for materials.
3 - Create an AssetPostprocessor.OnPreprocessMaterialDescription method that would change the material shader to a shader that is not using a BumpMap.
Result: A popup appears to ask the texture to be changed to Normal Map.
Expected: No popup appears because the texture is not used as a Normal Map in the end.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform