Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
The modelimporter flag texture as normal map required even if changed using OnPreprocessMaterialDescription
How to reproduce:
1 - Import an FBX file that has an embedded material using a texture in its bump map.
2 - Change the import settings to use the MaterialDescription import for materials.
3 - Create an AssetPostprocessor.OnPreprocessMaterialDescription method that would change the material shader to a shader that is not using a BumpMap.
Result: A popup appears to ask the texture to be changed to Normal Map.
Expected: No popup appears because the texture is not used as a Normal Map in the end.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Tabbed headers in editor windows need a style update
- [Android][IL2CPP] App crashes after executing Application.Quit
- [iOS] ReplayKit.APIAvailable returns 'false' on the first call on iOS 13 devices
- Texture preview can be clicked through
- [Progress] Progress bar does not revert to unresponsive status after another task completes