Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
The modelimporter flag texture as normal map required even if changed using OnPreprocessMaterialDescription
How to reproduce:
1 - Import an FBX file that has an embedded material using a texture in its bump map.
2 - Change the import settings to use the MaterialDescription import for materials.
3 - Create an AssetPostprocessor.OnPreprocessMaterialDescription method that would change the material shader to a shader that is not using a BumpMap.
Result: A popup appears to ask the texture to be changed to Normal Map.
Expected: No popup appears because the texture is not used as a Normal Map in the end.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unexpected exception System.DllNotFoundException" error thrown in the Console window when creating a project with 2D (URP) Template
- [Backport] [XR SDK] [HDRP] XRSettings.gameViewRenderMode does not change Game View Render Mode
- [Backport] [Android][Vulkan] Crash on Samsung Note8 while running gfx tests
- [Backport] Wrong sorting for "GC Alloc" column in Show Related Objects panel of Profiler Window
- [Backport] [iOS] Unfreed allocation errors thrown in Console when executing Build And Run with iOS platform