Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.26f1, 2022.2.21f1, 2023.1.0b18, 2023.2.0a15
The GameObject is not added to the active Scene when adding it from other Scene
1. Open the attached project “InstantiatingBug“
2. Open the Test Runner (Window>General>Test Runner)
3. Press the button “Play Mode”
4. Press the button “Run All”
Expected result: All tests pass
Actual result: GameObject is not instantiated to the active Scene
Reproducible with: 2020.3.27f1, 2020.3.47f1, 2021.3.24f1, 2022.2.18f1, 2023.1.0b15, 2023.2.0a13
Not reproducible with: 2020.3.26f1
Reproducible on: Windows 11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dynamic lights still show up in the Profiler consuming time when "Main Light" and "Additional Lights" are disabled in the UniversalRP-HighQuality asset
- Sprite Asset changes are unsaved after updating sprite atlas
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.2.0a15):
Hi, the behavior you report is currently the correct behavior. We have updated the documentation of GetActiveScene() to match the behavior. I will suggest to manually call SceneManager.MoveGameObjectToScene() to move the created GameObjects to the desired scene.
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2.21f1):
Updated documentation to match behavior.