Search Issue Tracker
The "Failed to load window layout" error is thrown when creating a New Project
* Open Unity Hub and create a project with the "3D" Template;
* When the project is opened inspect the Console window;
Expected result: There're no Errors or Warnings;
Actual result: Error "Failed to load window layout" is printed in the Console
* "Failed to load window layout "/Users/jonasl/Library/Preferences/Unity/Editor-5.x/Layouts/current/default-2023.dwlt": UnityEditor.LayoutException: No windows found in layout.
at UnityEditor.WindowLayout.LoadWindowLayout (System.String path, System.Boolean newProjectLayoutWasCreated, System.Boolean setLastLoadedLayoutName, System.Boolean keepMainWindow) [0x000ff] in /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/WindowLayout.cs:1339
UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadDefaultWindowPreferences () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/WindowLayout.cs:89)"
* This error is clearable;
* It's tough to reproduce, cause it does not always appear;
* I assume that this regressed on 2023.1.0a21 cause I never saw and couldn't reproduce it on 2023.1.0a20, but I might be wrong, so I'm leaving the Regression field empty;
Reproducible in Unity 2023.1.0a21
Not reproducible in Unity 2022.2.0b20
Regression in Unity 2023.1.0a21
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the project name contains a ";" character, the editor crashes while creating a script.
- New Cubemap is inserted at the end of the array when baking an individual Probe
- Crash on GfxTaskExecutorD3D12::AddRequiredResourceBarriers when opening the project
- WebGL build fails with a UnicodeDecodeError
- MSB3073 error is thrown when building App Packages in Visual Studio