Search Issue Tracker
Textures are missing when importing an exported package
Steps to reproduce :
- open the project attached by the user in his last reply
- open the scene
- export it as a package
- create a new project and import the package
- notice that the textures are missing
Why it is not going to be fixed?
When Unity imports a .obj file it uses the FBX SDK to load the file. When the FBX SDK reads the .obj file it will also read the .mtl for creating the materials.
Unity does not know anything about this dependency between the .obj and the .mtl, so when exporting a package we do not include the .mtl file and thus when importing the package in a different project the material settings are lost.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Warning says instancing will be disabled when used with static batching but it is still working and breaking result object color
- GL viewport is wrongly scaled when there's a camera which has a partial viewport
- [TestRunner] NUnit tests doesn't time out when [Timeout()] attribute is set
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted