Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
TextureImporter does not import PNG Textures with a negative mipmap bias correctly
How to reproduce:
1.Open the repro project "TextureBias" in comment
-> there is only 1 texture file with it's meta file
-> Open the meta file with text editor and note that "mipBias" is -1
2.Select the texture in Unity and observe the Inspector with Debug mode
-> "Mip Bias" on Editor is 0
Expected result: "Mip Bias" on Editor is -1
Actual result: "Mip Bias" on Editor is 0
See attached image in comment.
Note: if "mipBias" is -2 in the meta file, in Editor it will correctly show "Mip Bias" -2
Reproduced in: 2018.2.0a5, 2018.1.0b11, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.2.2p1, 2017.1.3p2, 5.6.5p3
Notes: The texture metadata "Mipmap Importer Test Texture -1.png.meta" file correctly shows mipmap bias as "mipBias: -1". Yet once the texture is imported to Unity the negative bias gets clamped back to 0.
Verified in: 2018.2.0a7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Object references are not loaded after you git checkout to another branch
- Only one of multiple copies of the same StateMachineBehaviour script is visible when added to the Animation state
- [XR][Vulkan][Oculus] Crash in hybrid renderer BeginRenderPass
- [Mobile]Dynamic batching is not working when working with sub mesh on a mobile device
- [Hub] Warning pop-up contains <strong></strong> when attempting to add a project to the list of projects while it's already open