Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
TextureImporter does not import PNG Textures with a negative mipmap bias correctly
How to reproduce:
1.Open the repro project "TextureBias" in comment
-> there is only 1 texture file with it's meta file
-> Open the meta file with text editor and note that "mipBias" is -1
2.Select the texture in Unity and observe the Inspector with Debug mode
-> "Mip Bias" on Editor is 0
Expected result: "Mip Bias" on Editor is -1
Actual result: "Mip Bias" on Editor is 0
See attached image in comment.
Note: if "mipBias" is -2 in the meta file, in Editor it will correctly show "Mip Bias" -2
Reproduced in: 2018.2.0a5, 2018.1.0b11, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.2.2p1, 2017.1.3p2, 5.6.5p3
Notes: The texture metadata "Mipmap Importer Test Texture -1.png.meta" file correctly shows mipmap bias as "mipBias: -1". Yet once the texture is imported to Unity the negative bias gets clamped back to 0.
Verified in: 2018.2.0a7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- Native Plugin regression from 2018.x results in "DllNotFoundException" error
- [Android] "AndroidETC2FallbackOverride.Quality32BitDownscaled" does not work on an Atlas created with the Legacy Sprite Packer
- Debug.Log() Context not highlighted when pressed after printing in Test Runner's EditMode
- [Terrain] Painting on newly created neighboring terrains results in null reference errors