Search Issue Tracker
Texture2D.alphaIsTransparency API is editor-only but lives in UnityEngine.dll
-e: Using Texture2D.alphaIsTransparency in a script causes the build to fail with the following error:
error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Texture2D' does not contain a definition for `alphaIsTransparency' and no extension method `alphaIsTransparency' of type `UnityEngine.Texture2D' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
* Open attached example project.
* Go to File > Build Settings
* Select PC, Mac & Linux Standalone
* Select Target Platform "Windows x86"
* Press Build
* NOTICE the build fails.
Using Texture2D.alphaIsTransparency should not break a build.
If this is intended to be an editor-only method, consider moving it in to UnityEditor.dll.
Update: This setting is available only in the Editor scripts. Note that changing this setting will have no effect; it must be enabled in TextureImporter instead.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Button highlight state disabled when hovering cursor over smaller sized child UI objects
- The "Properties..." shortcut does not open the Focused Inspector window when the new GameObject is created
- Editor crashes when using WebCamTexture
- [URP] ShaderKeywords '_MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS' and '_ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS' are always enabled in the Editor
- [Android] VideoPlayer doesn't play video when played on Android API 23 or lower device