Search Issue Tracker
Texture2D.alphaIsTransparency API is editor-only but lives in UnityEngine.dll
-e: Using Texture2D.alphaIsTransparency in a script causes the build to fail with the following error:
error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Texture2D' does not contain a definition for `alphaIsTransparency' and no extension method `alphaIsTransparency' of type `UnityEngine.Texture2D' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
* Open attached example project.
* Go to File > Build Settings
* Select PC, Mac & Linux Standalone
* Select Target Platform "Windows x86"
* Press Build
* NOTICE the build fails.
Using Texture2D.alphaIsTransparency should not break a build.
If this is intended to be an editor-only method, consider moving it in to UnityEditor.dll.
Update: This setting is available only in the Editor scripts. Note that changing this setting will have no effect; it must be enabled in TextureImporter instead.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Object references are not loaded after you git checkout to another branch
- Only one of multiple copies of the same StateMachineBehaviour script is visible when added to the Animation state
- [XR][Vulkan][Oculus] Crash in hybrid renderer BeginRenderPass
- [Mobile]Dynamic batching is not working when working with sub mesh on a mobile device
- [Hub] Warning pop-up contains <strong></strong> when attempting to add a project to the list of projects while it's already open