Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.20f1
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Texture Mipmap Stripping corrupts the textures in the Build when the crunch compression is enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "mipstripping" project
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. Open the Build Settings (File->Build Settings...)
4. Make sure the "SampleScene" is in the Scenes In Build list
5. Build And Run the project
Expected results: The image is rendered the same as in the Editor
Actual results: The image is corrupted
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a20, 2020.1.16f1, 2020.2.0b14, 2021.1.0a8
Could not test with: 2020.1.0a19 and earlier because the "Texture Mipmap Stripping" option was not yet introduced
- These are the exact conditions for the issue to reproduce:
The "Texture Mipmap Stripping" option in the Player Settings has to be enabled
The corresponding texture has "Use crunch compression" enabled in the Import settings.
Quality Settings is configured so all of the active quality levels have a "Texture Quality" different from 'Full res' (so mipmap stripping can actually be performed)
- The issue has been reproduced on Nintendo Switch, Windows, macOS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Excessive Z-fighting occurs between two polygons when on Android
- Empty string is returned when using AssetImporter.userData
- Nested coroutines get stopped when calling StopCoroutine()
- Crash on GfxDeviceD3D12Base::DrawBuffersCommon while using Direct3D12 as the graphics API and trying to read from _CameraDepthTexture
- Mixed cached shadows on directional lights not working correctly when cascade count is set to "2"