Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2021.3.X, 2022.2.X, 2023.1.X, 2023.2.X
Texture Mipmap Streaming uses wrong scales after Materials are changed at runtime
1. Open the attached project "mipstreaming-scale"
2. Open "SampleScene"
3. Make sure the Game view resolution is 1080p
4. Select the "Plane" in the Hierarchy
5. Set the Tiling of the Material to X=2 and Y=2 in the Inspector
6. Enter Play mode
7. Set the Tiling of the Material to X=0.1 and Y=0.1 in the Inspector and observe the "Plane"
8. Disable and reenable the "Mesh renderer component in the Inspector and observe the "Plane"
Expected result: the "Plane" isn't blurry after step 7
Actual result: the "Plane" is blurry after step 7 and, after step 8, stops being blurry and more texture memory is being used
Reproducible with: 2020.3.32f1, 2021.3.22f1, 2022.2.12f1, 2023.1.0b9, 2023.2.0a8
Reproducible on: macOS 13.2.1 (Intel)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model