Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
Texture Importer: Let users know the progress of applying changes to large assets
Let users know the progress of applying changes that takes long time to apply.
When changing the Target size of a Substance Material's Texture's Target Size, Unity freezes until the change has been applied. (Note: this also applies to any other textures)
The only feedback is the "Apply" button is in its pressed state and if interacting with Unity, you'll get a "beach ball".
In attached project (or any other with substances), change and apply a Substance Material's Texture's Target Size to something above 512
Long seconds will pass before the change is applied.
No UI feedback is passed to the user.
A progress bar like when reimporting audio clips after making a change in the inspector/importer.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"