Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
TextMesh Renderer bounds changed between 5.3 and 5.6
We rely on measuring the renderer bounds for text in our game to ensure it fits within the container. The bounds in 5.6.2p3 are slightly tighter, which is causing them to interact differently with our systems.
I imagine this results from an intentional (if under-communicated) change in Unity, so I imagine you're not willing to change it back. Could you please describe what changed in sufficient detail that we can make our systems treat the new bounds like the old ones?
These sorts of changes are what make Unity upgrades painful for us.
I've attached 2 unity projects for different unity versions that demonstrate the change.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity drains raw input message queue before Rewired can process each event, making it miss some
- Old input system misses some mouse movement if the new input system is also enabled
- [URP] _ProjectionParams.x with Overlay rendering
- Assertion triggered when using Compile and show code button in Shader inspector
- Wrong elements are selected when holding shift and selecting Game Objects in the Scene Hierarchy