Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
TextMesh Renderer bounds changed between 5.3 and 5.6
We rely on measuring the renderer bounds for text in our game to ensure it fits within the container. The bounds in 5.6.2p3 are slightly tighter, which is causing them to interact differently with our systems.
I imagine this results from an intentional (if under-communicated) change in Unity, so I imagine you're not willing to change it back. Could you please describe what changed in sufficient detail that we can make our systems treat the new bounds like the old ones?
These sorts of changes are what make Unity upgrades painful for us.
I've attached 2 unity projects for different unity versions that demonstrate the change.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] AudioClip generated by an external process (LMMS) and loaded into the editor has no samples
- [Hub][Mac] "Create" button in Project creation window does not gray out when selecting root folder of Read-Only external storage
- Private OnSceneGUI method is not called when using a base Editor type with the attribute editorForChildClasses
- Sprite.OverrideGeometry Incorrectly overrides vertices
- [Unity 2018] Editor crash on switching target platform when project contains a dll asset with a define constraint