Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
TextMesh Renderer bounds changed between 5.3 and 5.6
We rely on measuring the renderer bounds for text in our game to ensure it fits within the container. The bounds in 5.6.2p3 are slightly tighter, which is causing them to interact differently with our systems.
I imagine this results from an intentional (if under-communicated) change in Unity, so I imagine you're not willing to change it back. Could you please describe what changed in sufficient detail that we can make our systems treat the new bounds like the old ones?
These sorts of changes are what make Unity upgrades painful for us.
I've attached 2 unity projects for different unity versions that demonstrate the change.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Physics.Raycast maxDistance field accepts LayerMask object as valid input when using Physics.Raycast()
- Linux - Paste from outside Unity into the Launcher input fields doesn't work, and nor do context menus
- [IL2CPP] Struct that contains MarshalAs attribute doesn't work with IL2CPP backend
- (Webgl) Setting AudioSource.time or AudioSource.timeSamples after the AudioSource is paused results in smaller value than set
- Instantiating a shader causes Player to crash