Search Issue Tracker
"TextGenerator().GetPreferredWidth/Height" ignores "TextGenerationSettings"
1. Open "TestProject.zip" project
2. Open "textgeneration" scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Look at the Console output and see that with different font sizes, the Preferred Width/Height are always the same
Expected Result: The Preferred Width/Height of text changes based on the different "TextGenerationSettings"
Actual Result: The Preferred Width/Height of text is always the same, no matter the settings (Height 15/ Width 220)
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a1, 2017.3.0b5, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.1.2p1, 5.6.4f1
Change "Text Generation" scripts 17, 23, 31, 39 lines "TextGenerator().GetPreferredWidth" to "TextGenerator().GetPreferredHeight" to see that it affects the height as well
This particular case has been investigated thoroughly and we have decided, in the interests of protecting the stability and features of Unity for users that rely upon the affected versions, to not address this fix for the time being. We understand that this will cause problems for some users, and so may address in a future version.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GPU PLM] Indirect bounce color is wrong
- [UI] Float types revert to 0 if a decimal point is entered when the value is selected
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework