Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Text Shadow and Outline effects do not render correctly
Attempt to use outline or shadow effects results in black borders.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open attached project
2) Open GameScreen.uxml
3) Select the ".action-button:hover" selector
4) Modify some of the Text Shadow or Outline properties
5) Activate preview and hover the "Continue" button
I have also observed some variations:
- The shadow might work at first, but with the wrong color. But then it gets corrupted when changing the outline.
- Sometimes the issues are not identical between game view and UI Builder.
- The thickness of the shadow might be right sometimes, but there is no "gradient" to zero opacity (it looks like a solid outline)
Reproduced with: 2021.2.0b10
date: Tue Aug 24 09:29:24 2021 +0000
Reproduced with: 2022.1.0a7
date: Sat Aug 21 19:52:39 2021 +0000
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed 1361130: Text Shadow and Outline effects do not render correctly