Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.4.0 & 2.0.0
Found in [Package]
Text Mesh Pro components block Prefab isolation mode from opening in Play Mode
If you attempt to edit a prefab in with a Text Mesh Pro UI component attached while in Play Mode, you'll get the following warning:
Prefab Mode in Play Mode was blocked by the script 'TextMeshProUGUI' to prevent the script accidentally affecting Play Mode. See the documentation for [ExecuteInEditMode] and [ExecuteAlways] for info on how to make scripts compatible with Prefab Mode during Play Mode.
1. Install Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. Make sure the Scene view is set to 3D
4. Enter Play Mode
5. Navigate to Assets > LogContent.prefab in the Project Browser
6. Attempt to edit LogContent.prefab in Isolation mode
The prefab can be edited while in play mode.
Isolation mode is blocked from opening because of the Text Mesh component attached to the prefab. A warning is shown in the console.
Tested on Windows.
Tested with Text Mesh Pro version 1.3.0
Occurs on 2019.1.0a14, 2019.2.0a1, 2018.3.0f2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Physics 2D Profiler module does not display the information about processed physics in the scene when profiling the application as a Development Build
- A Script Component that has a serialized custom class is not detecting changes in the first boolean variable when entering the Play mode with the Script Components GameObject opened in the Inspector
- “SendMessage cannot be called during Awake“ warnings appear when loading a scene with “LoadSceneAsync“ if using UI Toolkit in the scene
- Audio Source Spatial Blend value gets set to 1 in the WebGL Player when the Spatial Blend value is bigger than 0
- [Linux] Crash on g_type_check_instance_cast after changing Editor layout, creating a new VR template or HDRP project