Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.0.X
Terrain tree culling performance regression
This bug has been fixed. However, some similar regression bugs are suspected to still exist.
Please file new bug reports for them.
1. Download project from case 597792
2. Open it on 4.1.5f1
3. Enter play mode
4. Note performance in profiler
5. Open the same project in 4.3.4f1
6. Enter play mode
5. Note dropped performance in profiler (as can be seen in attached screenshot)
Expected result: Similar performance
Actual result: a huge performance drop
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Aug 01, 2014 01:57
Very severe problem on iOS, capable of dropping performance from 30+FPS to ~5FPS.
Jul 26, 2014 15:23
I just wrote a post about IOS terrain tree issues here:
It's forcing me to stick with Unity 4.2, the last version that didn't have the regression and it's beginning to cause problems with my IOS development
Jul 26, 2014 12:16
Is this ever going to get fixed?? :( This is killing my performance on Ps3 :(
May 01, 2014 08:33
My game uses the unity terrain system and this tree culling bug is crippling me. Terrain is such an integral part of the experience of a game and its performance. This is a critical game play bug that needs urgent attention by unity.
Apr 07, 2014 08:11
Have this issue on Android (Tegra 3). Runs 50-60 FPS with 4.2.x, but slows to a staggering 15-20 on 4.3.x. I am still developing on 4.2 because of this regrssion.