Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.2.0
Fixed in 7.1.7
Found in [Package]
[Terrain][LWRP] LOD popping of Terrain quad nodes with instancing enabled
LOD popping of Terrain quadtree renderer nodes. Behavior is inconsistent with Built-in renderer. Pixel Error on terrain data is set to default 5.
1. Create new project
2. Install LWRP package from package manager
3. Create a LWRP asset via Project Context Menu -> Create -> Rendering -> Lightweight Pipeline Asset
4. Assign newly created pipeline asset to Graphics Settings Render Pipeline
5. In your scene, create a new Terrain GameObject and enable instancing via Terrain Settings
6. Paint on terrain in a way that generates high-frequency/noisy terrain
7. Zoom camera in and out of Terrain
Result: Lots of LOD popping
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 7.2.0):
Fixed the shader errors and warnings in the default URP Terrain shader.