Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
Substances renaming generates errors and bad behaviour
After renaming a substance material, several errors appear in the Editor console.
1. Open the attached project and select the Limestone_Blocks asset
2. Rename the material within the substance asset
3. Observe that the material is not re-selected after being renamed (issue 1)
4. Click in the scene view, observe the following error (issue 2):
"KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary."
5. Use the editor for a little while, select and de-select the substance, adjust the substance values. Eventually these two errors will appear (issue 3):
"Failed to dispose EditorWrapper."
"Failed to dispose EditorCache."
Simply renaming substances shouldn't result in errors being generated.
Issues 1, 2 and 3 are reproducible in version 5.5.0b7 (bd91e53964bc).
Issues 2 and 3 are NOT reproducible in version 5.4.1p4 (139dac7766f0).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true