Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X
StreamReader ReadLine stops receiving messages after the server hangs
How to reproduce:
1. Open given "Client" and "Server" unity projects
2. Enter "ClientTest" and "ServerTest" scenes
3. Set up IP and Port for both Client (127.0.0.1) and Server (127.0.0.1) through their respective objects in the test scene.
4. Enter Play Mode in the Server project and then in the Client project
5. Toggle the "Spam Messages" option to true in the Client's UI (WARNING: This may cause the Client to hang and will severely limit framerate)
6. Wait a few seconds until the Client hangs and the "Time Since Last Received Message" rises to a few seconds.
7. Disable the "Spam Messages" option (this may be difficult with the low framerate)
8. The Client will no longer receive any messages, even after the server has properly received all of the spam messages.
Expected result: Server should receive messages after it hangs
Actual result: Server stops receiving messages after hang
Regression first introduced in: 2017.2.0b2
Reproducible with: 2018.2.0b2, 2018.1.0f1, 2017.4.1f1, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.2.2p2,
Not reproducible with: 2017.1.3p2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true