Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.2
StreamReader ReadLine stops receiving messages after the server hangs
How to reproduce:
1. Open given "Client" and "Server" unity projects
2. Enter "ClientTest" and "ServerTest" scenes
3. Set up IP and Port for both Client (127.0.0.1) and Server (127.0.0.1) through their respective objects in the test scene.
4. Enter Play Mode in the Server project and then in the Client project
5. Toggle the "Spam Messages" option to true in the Client's UI (WARNING: This may cause the Client to hang and will severely limit framerate)
6. Wait a few seconds until the Client hangs and the "Time Since Last Received Message" rises to a few seconds.
7. Disable the "Spam Messages" option (this may be difficult with the low framerate)
8. The Client will no longer receive any messages, even after the server has properly received all of the spam messages.
Expected result: Server should receive messages after it hangs
Actual result: Server stops receiving messages after hang
Regression first introduced in: 2017.2.0b2
Reproducible with: 2018.2.0b2, 2018.1.0f1, 2017.4.1f1, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.2.2p2,
Not reproducible with: 2017.1.3p2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Tile Map] Default cursor doesn't change to resize cursor on hovering over Default brush section in Tile Palette window
- After light bake, when light is switched from Baked to Realtime - it does not emit any light
- Multi-material list ordering does not respect DCC material ordering
- Timeline Track Clip locks to the Timeline cursor's position when moving it in the Timeline Asset
- [Particles] Infinite lifetime + prewarm causes errors