Search Issue Tracker
Planned for 2018.4
Static Batching is recalculated for every loaded scene additively when using multiple Scenes
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "BugRepro.zip"
2. Open up the CPU Profiler and enable Deep Profiling
3. Start Editor Profiling
4. Enter the Play Mode
5. Turn off Editor Profiling and inspect the Performance spike in the Profiler Spike
Expected Behavior: The Play Mode loads fast and List'1.add() under InternalStaticBatchingUtility.Combine() has only 3200 Calls (400*8)
Actual Behavior: The Play Mode loads slow and List'1.add has 14400 Calls ((1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8)*400) even though only 3200 Objects are present
Reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.3.12f1, 2019.1.0b10, 2019.2.0a11
Note: InternalStaticBatchingUtility.Combine() is called 8 times. If you put all the GameObjects into one scene - the issue does not reproduce.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dynamic Clipping works poorly with large scenes / terrains with the pivot point is near
- [UWP] Deploying wrong architecture through device portal ends up running a different app
- [MacOS] Standalone build contains .meta files inside native plugin bundles
- Progressive lightmapper leaks memory upon subsequent scene switches and bakes
- [AssetBundle] "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" errors when loading object from Asset Bundle