Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Static Batching is recalculated for every loaded scene additively when using multiple Scenes
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "BugRepro.zip"
2. Open up the CPU Profiler and enable Deep Profiling
3. Start Editor Profiling
4. Enter the Play Mode
5. Turn off Editor Profiling and inspect the Performance spike in the Profiler Spike
Expected Behavior: The Play Mode loads fast and List'1.add() under InternalStaticBatchingUtility.Combine() has only 3200 Calls (400*8)
Actual Behavior: The Play Mode loads slow and List'1.add has 14400 Calls ((1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8)*400) even though only 3200 Objects are present
Reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.3.12f1, 2019.1.0b10, 2019.2.0a11
Note: InternalStaticBatchingUtility.Combine() is called 8 times. If you put all the GameObjects into one scene - the issue does not reproduce.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lighting Data asset is not created when baking multiple Scenes at the same time
- Performance issues when instantiating a recognizer under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech
- Build fails with "Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: Build failed with 0 successful nodes and 0 failed ones" when building the project for iOS
- [Android] .aab Build fails when using Asset Bundles
- Builds fail without a useful error message when building a project with invalid product name