Search Issue Tracker
Static Batching is recalculated for every loaded scene additively when using multiple Scenes
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "BugRepro.zip"
2. Open up the CPU Profiler and enable Deep Profiling
3. Start Editor Profiling
4. Enter the Play Mode
5. Turn off Editor Profiling and inspect the Performance spike in the Profiler Spike
Expected Behavior: The Play Mode loads fast and List'1.add() under InternalStaticBatchingUtility.Combine() has only 3200 Calls (400*8)
Actual Behavior: The Play Mode loads slow and List'1.add has 14400 Calls ((1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8)*400) even though only 3200 Objects are present
Reproducible with: 2018.3.12f1, 2019.1.0b10, 2019.2.0a11
Note: InternalStaticBatchingUtility.Combine() is called 8 times. If you put all the GameObjects into one scene - the issue does not reproduce. Does not reproduce on 2017.4 as there is no InternalStaticBatchingUtility.Combine() section in the Profiler
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] [Bugreporter] Suggestion box never updates
- [Pen][Editor] Pen position is not consistent with Mouse position in custom Editor window.
- InvalidOperationException when exiting Playmode
- Inspector mode defaults to "Normal" after Editor restart
- UI references to public script functions lost on upgrade