Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Planned for 2019.4.X
Static Batching is recalculated for every loaded scene additively when using multiple Scenes
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "BugRepro.zip"
2. Open up the CPU Profiler and enable Deep Profiling
3. Start Editor Profiling
4. Enter the Play Mode
5. Turn off Editor Profiling and inspect the Performance spike in the Profiler Spike
Expected Behavior: The Play Mode loads fast and List'1.add() under InternalStaticBatchingUtility.Combine() has only 3200 Calls (400*8)
Actual Behavior: The Play Mode loads slow and List'1.add has 14400 Calls ((1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8)*400) even though only 3200 Objects are present
Reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.3.12f1, 2019.1.0b10, 2019.2.0a11
Note: InternalStaticBatchingUtility.Combine() is called 8 times. If you put all the GameObjects into one scene - the issue does not reproduce.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [SceneView] Spline Knot placement ignores the visibility flags on gameobject
- 2px Softness is applied to RectMask2D when the Camera is set to Orthographic
- ShaderKeywordSet:GetEnabledKeywords crash
- FP32 is used for a temporary when compiling a shader for GLES or Vulkan
- The highlight that was created with Highlighter.Highlight does not disappear when the window is closed with the element