Search Issue Tracker
[Standalone] Inconsistent Direct3D behavior with non-native resolution on fullscreen builds
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Go to 'Player Settings' and make sure the Direct3D9 is used as a Graphics API
3. Build and run the project in fullscreen using non-native screen resolution
4. Notice that the game is "Fitted", that is the black lines are used to keep the aspect ratio correct (best seen while splash screen animation is playing if the project is empty)
5. Change the Graphics API to be Direct3D11 in the 'Player Settings'
6. Build and run the project in fullscreen using non-native screen resolution
5. Notice that the game is "Streched" and does not maintain the aspect ratio (as in step 4, best observed while splash screen animation is playing)
This is related to GPU scaling in AMD's or NVIDIA's control panels.
If GPU Scaling is ON - d3d9 will letterbox, while d3d11 won't - we can't seem to find a way to properly letterbox d3d11.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Prefab's scripts are constantly reloaded when trying to enter multiple digits or characters into public fields on custom scripts consecutively
- Crash on mono_g_hash_table_find_slot when entering Play Mode
- [iOS] Crash when pressing "Done" on the keyboard layout
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes