Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
[Standalone] Corrupted textures in a huge project
1. Open attached "Stripped4" Unity project(4gb file).
2. Open and play "Physics Based Tank Controller/Scene/Demo Scene 2" scene.
3. Look around and notice how the textures looks (Pic attached).
4. Build and run this scene.
5. Repeat step 3.
Reproduced with: 5.3.2p4, 5.3.4p2
Couldn't test it with 5.2 and 5.4 because of errors.
Duplicate case has repro on: 5.4.1p2, 5.5.0a1
Not reproducible by:
- Creating animation with 2300 one pixel sized sprites in an empty project.
- Adding 2300 materials into resources folder in an empty project.
- It appears that the number of textures in the game makes no difference. It is the size of those textures. Unity can apparently only use 4gb of compressed textures. Our guess is that the issue is a 32 file pointer.
- Player log attached.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Crash with ComputeTileMeshJob when generating Navmesh