Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.21f1, 2022.2.3f1, 2023.1.0a26
SRP Batcher can't batch draw calls during MainLightShadow pass when ReadTextureAlpha is enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "SRPShadowBatch.zip"
2. Open Assets/BUG Report/BugScene.unity
3. Open Window>Analysis>Frame Debugger
4. Enable Frame Debugger
5. Select Assets/BUG Report/ObjectMat1.mat in the Project window
6. Enable ReadTextureAlpha in the Inspector window
7. Repeat steps 5-6 for "ObjectMat2.mat" and "ObjectMat3.mat"
Expected results: There is only one "SRP Batch" in Shadows.DrawSRPBatcher
Actual results: There are 3 "SRP Batch" in Shadows.DrawSRPBatcher
Reproducible with: 2021.3.8f1, 2022.1.13f1, 2022.2.0b4, 2023.1.0a5
Could not test with: 2020.3.37f1 (no ReadTextureAlpha toggle on materials)
Reproducible on: Windows 10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true