Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Sprites reference both the original Sprite assets and Sprite Atlas resulting in increased memory usage
How to reproduce:
1. Play the attached "TestFor1071494.zip" project's SampleScene
2. In the Profiler window go to Memory view in Detailed mode
3. Click Take Sample: Editor
4. In the batch viewer go to Assets -> Texture2D
5. Notice the entries for both the Sprite Atlas and each individual Sprite asset
Expected result: Sprites only reference the Sprite Atlas
Actual result: Sprites reference the Sprite Atlas and the original Sprite assets
Reproducible with: 2017.2.3p3, 2017.4.9f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.5f1, 2018.3.0a9
fixed in 2018.3.14f1, 2019.1.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website