Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Sprites reference both the original Sprite assets and Sprite Atlas resulting in increased memory usage
How to reproduce:
1. Play the attached "TestFor1071494.zip" project's SampleScene
2. In the Profiler window go to Memory view in Detailed mode
3. Click Take Sample: Editor
4. In the batch viewer go to Assets -> Texture2D
5. Notice the entries for both the Sprite Atlas and each individual Sprite asset
Expected result: Sprites only reference the Sprite Atlas
Actual result: Sprites reference the Sprite Atlas and the original Sprite assets
Reproducible with: 2017.2.3p3, 2017.4.9f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.5f1, 2018.3.0a9
fixed in 2018.3.14f1, 2019.1.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- [Editor] When Preference window is open, exiting Playmode generates NullReferenceException.
- [Addressables] Models have deformations when they are imported from AssetBundle and Play Mode Script is set to Packed Play mode