Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.2.X
SpriteAtlas v2 generated textures do not retain ordering in the build
When making any changes to sprites or sprite atlas v2, the resulting generated texture atlases change their ordering in the final build output causing a large sweeping set of changes to the build resulting in very large amount of data to patch or redownload on many platforms.
1. Download attached SpriteAtlasV2_in_shared_AssetBundle project
2. Run bundle script from "Bug Report > Execute" Menu dropdown
3. In AssetBundles window, select "Inspect" tab and Add Folder
4. Add Bundles > First and Second folder and compare preload tables
5. Refer to attached screenshot and verify atlas order in table
Expected Result: Sprite Atlas v2 texture ordering in table should be the same for both First and Second bundles
Actual Result: Sprite Atlas v2 texture ordering in table is different for both First and Second bundles
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete